Art Gossip

Thats Me

Welcome

Group "Guests"

Thursday, 28-03-2024, 14:22

Search

Friends

• Page 1 of 1
Forum » Discussion Forums » ---->> Chit Chat What Is In Your Mind <<---- » Export obj or 3ds from Poser 11 pro
Export obj or 3ds from Poser 11 pro
NavimDate: Saturday, 14-12-2019, 05:56 | Message # 1
Private
Group: Young Dragon
I kave just purchased my first model from your incredible selection. Time Guard. Since I work mainly in Bryce an attempt was made to export the posed figure in both obj
and 3ds formats without success. Is this not possible or am I missing something?

Thanks
Navim

XXX

SummonerDate: Saturday, 14-12-2019, 12:59 | Message # 2
Colonel
Group: Dragon Master
I am thanking you for the support ... I am not sure as I do not have Bryce but usually it should work to export a Model into those
you might have to try using Collada export this sometimes works wonders but I do not know if Collada is supported in Bryce
3Ds is normally not a very good choice for exporting from Poser. Also you need to make sure that you export from Poser not Ds as
Ds does not support these Weight mapped models this could cause an error

SummonerDate: Saturday, 14-12-2019, 15:12 | Message # 3
Colonel
So I made a quick install of Bryce on my system thought I still had it somewhere.
When making a Obj export it sort of worked but I lost all textures then With Collada it somehow changed the Mapping still it loaded while loosing the Pose
same with FBX . I am not sure if it is due the Poser 11 and if it would work better with a older Poser version.
A test with Daz connect with Bryce worked with the issue that DS does not support this kind of Models so there were some bending issues.

I am not familiar with bryce so I after the tests uninstalled it after I messed up the settings trying every Button on it , guess I would not be the
right epxert to help you out how to get the oser models into Bryce. I know it works well with Vue, Carrara, Blender ect. But Bryce there I would have
to make an all new School Process  wacko

NavimDate: Saturday, 14-12-2019, 18:48 | Message # 4
Private
Group: Young Dragon
Thanks for trying. I notice that some models export well with textures and others do not. There also seems to be a disconnect with the export format. In this case though 
the meshes did not even export in one format and no textures in another. I will keep trying; perhaps I can use Blender to receive and then export to Bryce.

Navim

XXX

SummonerDate: Saturday, 14-12-2019, 19:21 | Message # 5
Colonel
Jup In some cases it might help to go over Blender. In some cases I also have to make some jumps over different Programs especially when I use LightWave
Really sometimes it is a Mystery When importing exporting Models ... Worst cases is when the mesh is all working well and export causing the whole thing to explode  wacko
To be honest Bryce was a Programm I somehow never found out how it works ...

The cause could also be an issue with Ambient and Alternate_Diffuse I use in the Materials so try to disconnect these before export

Forum » Discussion Forums » ---->> Chit Chat What Is In Your Mind <<---- » Export obj or 3ds from Poser 11 pro
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024Free web hostinguCoz