Art Gossip

Thats Me

Welcome

Group "Guests"

Wednesday, 01-05-2024, 12:11

Search

Friends

• Page 1 of 1
Forum » Discussion Forums » ---->> Chit Chat What Is In Your Mind <<---- » Poser 13 ( Changing Win Index ) (Poser 13 changing your win Index settings)
Poser 13 ( Changing Win Index )
SummonerDate: Sunday, 04-06-2023, 14:24 | Message # 1
Colonel
Group: Dragon Master
I noticed the other day that Bondware " Poser 13 " is making changes on your Win index setup. I am not sure if it is only me 
but sure is heavy to the machine. 
Actually it should only create it's own index ( Data base File ) library file in AppData\Roaming\Poser\13 !

Additionally it seems taking admin rights changing your  Win search settings by adding individual searching places ( Runtimes ) in 
the Index setup. Normally only a admin can add individual folder commands in the index options and it is the first time I seen
a program adding indexing folders to windows.

actually it would not be a great problem but it can end up to be very heavy on your system as every runtime you add will 
be a special command in your win index . this changes the natural behavior of your index setup causing your drives to 
run at 100% for days if your runtimes are large or you have many runtimes added in poser 13.

in my case it caused a indexing of 6'000'000 elements . 

so every time you add , save a file of one of these runtimes the Win Indexing will boot up unless you go in the settings
and remove all the additional runtimes in the index options of windows that actually should not be there.

I have not checked Poser 12 if it does the same but I assume it will . Poser 11 did not seem adding runtime index folders in
the Win Index option

Forum » Discussion Forums » ---->> Chit Chat What Is In Your Mind <<---- » Poser 13 ( Changing Win Index ) (Poser 13 changing your win Index settings)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024Free web hostinguCoz