Art Gossip

Thats Me

Welcome

Group "Guests"

Saturday, 20-04-2024, 09:23

Search

Friends

• Page 1 of 1
Forum » Discussion Forums » Tutorial And Help Forums » Edge Weighting in Studio. (looking for help with edge weighting for edges.)
Edge Weighting in Studio.
suasi678Date: Thursday, 08-11-2018, 14:19 | Message # 1
Private
Group: Young Dragon
Rather than scream for items I want, I've decided to make my own (and sell them here).  I'm a fairly competent modeler for other applications and know Blender pretty well.  
My big question-stumbling block- is with corners and edges.   I know about using support loops near edges to keep them sharp but upon examining other models for Studio (like some of Summoner's stuff) I don't see any of these loops.  Despite this, the edges look in preview and they render nice and sharp.  I've seen references to 'edge weighting' in the Daz3d forums but nothing explains them.  I know I can select edge weighting in Blender but am wondering if Studio supports them.  ie: will they translate from Blender into Studio.
 Thanks for any help.

SummonerDate: Thursday, 08-11-2018, 21:40 | Message # 2
Colonel
Group: Dragon Master
Wish I could help but I just have not enough experience with DS 
and if I try then it always results that I have to go from Poser to DS
or Poser Carrara to ds to get good results
but I guess that surfaces that you export from Blender should come out right in DS

the only thing that ds will not support are rigged models this you will need to do in Ds it self.

suasi678Date: Friday, 09-11-2018, 00:22 | Message # 3
Private
When your modeling for poser, do you use edge weights or creases on corners you want to stay sharp?
Thanks.

SummonerDate: Friday, 09-11-2018, 10:05 | Message # 4
Colonel

this one might help you smile

SummonerDate: Friday, 09-11-2018, 10:12 | Message # 5
Colonel
this one is good to understand the weight Painting . I guess if you start create a technique of your own then it is getting
very complex to explain on how you do something as you do not really use technical terms , you just click ,Pull , it all just get automatic
then like now you stand in front of a question like this one with tecnical terms and you go ... uhhh what am I actually using LOL

this one is for example very helpful for grouping and Weighning

SummonerDate: Friday, 09-11-2018, 10:31 | Message # 6
Colonel
my favorite for really amazing surfaces is "Groboto" the stepp then from Groboto to Modo is absolutely outstanding 
but naturally you will get really heavy meshes 

http://www.groboto.com/v3/index.html

there are some Packages I made using only Groboto 

Summoner's Trainer System

Summoner's Mirror Stock System

Summoner's Impaler System

and a few other ones

suasi678Date: Saturday, 17-11-2018, 12:57 | Message # 7
Private
I managed to figure it out and am working steadily on my first real project; a fully articulated operating table.  If anyone is interested I can post details.

Forum » Discussion Forums » Tutorial And Help Forums » Edge Weighting in Studio. (looking for help with edge weighting for edges.)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024Free web hostinguCoz