Thats Me

Welcome

Group "Guests"

Thursday, 28-03-2024, 10:35

Search

Friends

• Page 1 of 2
  • »
Forum » Discussion Forums » Ideas To Improve The Site » Love the models but....
Love the models but....
suasi678Date: Tuesday, 16-05-2017, 14:40 | Message # 1
Private
Group: Young Dragon
Despite having been a Poser user since the very first version, I've only just found this site.
Your models are brilliant!...Wow, a Serenity model!   You have sooo many
'Wow!' models; the kind of things I dreamed that someone would make.

But wow, is this site ever horrible.  It's hard to navigate with waaaay too
many graphics that take up toooo much space.  I can't tell the
diference between what's for sale and what's free.  It takes forever to
browse the items since there's only a few per page.  Items only have one
view.  How the heck do I buy something?  There's no 'Buy it now' or
'purchase' button.  

This site needs an enema or better yet, sell your items at Daz and get some real exposure.  I hate Daz, but they
have thousands of people visiting it every day.  I'll bet that your
sales would skyrocket.

In a nutshell...
-I want to buy Serenity (the starship, not the state of mind), the small cathedral and
the multi-dildo thing.  How the heck do I do that, there aren't even prices on most items.
-fix this place or sell your items at a bigger store.   You're far too talented to leave your content languishing in this obscure corner of the net.

suasi678Date: Tuesday, 16-05-2017, 16:16 | Message # 2
Private
After a LOT of hunting around and clicking everything, I figured out how to buy items, but you sure don't make it easy.
It should be obvious, put a 'Buy it NOW' button on the items first page.  How about a wishlist too?

SummonerDate: Tuesday, 16-05-2017, 18:02 | Message # 3
Colonel
Group: Dragon Master
There are the options on the side Bar Left to navigate
you will see the subcategories
Free Public
Free Code
Store
for the main section
on every Post you can see on the bottom of the post the category it is in
this can be clicked and it will open the section with the Products.

as for a buy now button on the front I actually decided to just leave it
inside avoiding the front to get to long to scroll down.

there is also a separate Store section Poser DS Store the aspect is a little Different
and shows Thumbnails instead of a large Promo.

as for a Wish-list this would mean to run another kind of expansion like a
internal store. For now I do not want to runn it that way
in one hand it causes high costs to the site in the other it will open
a feature that causes the Users to give out more sensitive personal data.
the way it runs now there is none such thing on the site as Buy options
are not bound on the site users profile and is held separate through Pay Pal.
One can this way be totally Private in here and the profile of the site does not reefer
with the Purchase Profile .

I thought of many alternatives to give the users as much protection as Possible
and it resulted to be the best solution as it is now . you will note your self
that if your account ever would be hacked that you can't have Sensitive personal
data on this site and be assured that nothing could Happen happen the way it is held smile

And Thank you for the Cheer Ups smile 
to enter a post and see all the features you just need to click on the title alternative 
Right click open in new tab

SummonerDate: Tuesday, 16-05-2017, 18:16 | Message # 4
Colonel
Quote suasi678 ()
This site needs an enema or better yet, sell your items at Daz and get some real exposure.  I hate Daz, but theyhave thousands of people visiting it every day.  I'll bet that your
sales would skyrocket.

as for selling in a Store like Daz is a no go I had some tryouts and it is Painfull for every artist at the end of the month
when you realize that more of 50% of the Sale goes into the hand of them. It comes to it that they rent a space this way
but delegate on how you have to do things make a spelling error and your sale is blocked for a week.

if one sales through these Stores that ask at least 50% of the sale you have to raise the prices , you have less for Free,
or you keep the price low but get almost nothing for all the efforts.

and really if at the end of a month you see that you sold for 200$ and get just 70$ after tax that sure hurts big time
and you will lose all the fun starting to make your products with less care.

rsand543Date: Saturday, 01-07-2017, 19:11 | Message # 5
Private
Is it possible to make the site https:// for security reasons?

SummonerDate: Saturday, 01-07-2017, 20:21 | Message # 6
Colonel
Quote rsand543 ()
Is it possible to make the site https:// for security reasons?

I Had the site on Https for a while but it caused quiet some issues on the board sad
I wanted to do it to give Users more personal features but it sure caused the site to crank.

Actually Freedom does not hold any Personal Data of an user and works seperatly to the Store items
that is only works over Pay pal and Confimation e-mail I send Personally. Also there is no wish lists the site does not have a store and checkout
it self this protects the User  and is more secure then a site that has a integrated store with all Payment Infos.

Https is actually a Protection for Personal data like this , so in our case it is not needed as the site does not hold any
sensitive data and a user can't place any of these on the site it self .
There are also no Publicity on this site to make gain on click like most sites on the Internet.

The site also does not host any large amount of files Images are hosted on a Image host and downloads on FileFactory
so more Privacy and security then the way it is without any Personal Data it could not be made .

Still hope that it is ok for you the way it is at the moment  smile

but may be in future when this site feature has Improved a little I might run it again

lemonade8Date: Saturday, 14-04-2018, 20:26 | Message # 7
Private
Hi, I just found your place and I think your products look amazing in the promos.  I am having a problem, though.  My anti-virus won't let me download any of the public freebies because it had detected suspicious files.  It never does that at rendo or daz, and I wonder if something got a hold of your site?  I want to buy the bedroom, but not at the cost of infecting my computer or exposing my financial information to malicious entities.  Do you have information or solutions for this?

SummonerDate: Saturday, 14-04-2018, 22:09 | Message # 8
Colonel
Quote lemonade8 ()
Hi, I just found your place and I think your products look amazing in the promos.  I am having a problem, though.  My anti-virus won't let me download any of the public freebies because it had detected suspicious files.  It never does that at rendo or daz, and I wonder if something got a hold of your site?  I want to buy the bedroom, but not at the cost of infecting my computer or exposing my financial information to malicious entities.  Do you have information or solutions for this?

It is an issue that some of users with a certain setting in Ie or Antivirus have that Block any download from File Factory
and I never figured out what this issue is about .

Windows 10 in IE blocks sites it does not recognize vis its Windows Defender SmartScreen Filter.  Unfortunately filefactory is seen as untrustworthy so it is blocked until WDSSF is turned off.  Once turned off downloads work just fine so in case others have the same issue
this is the answer,
– In IE goto Tools (Gear Icon), select Safety, select
Windows Defender SmartScreen Filter and turn it off.
Once downloads are complete be sure to turn it back on…

if it is your Antivirus it might be the same issue you can download a Package by allowing then just check the Downloaded Package
you will see there is no Harm smile

giovanniDate: Saturday, 14-04-2018, 23:54 | Message # 9
Private
Group: Dragon
very nice site I used it once, but needs more work to make it friendly and look more like a store.

look at renderosity or daz etc make it more a store you ill make more money etc.

and what is wrong with daz

only poser models is like putting your money in the garbage

there are willing people who will buy daz stuff
anyhow I will buy more stuff from you the same
but please make this site less archaic and you will attract more buyers

SummonerDate: Sunday, 15-04-2018, 00:49 | Message # 10
Colonel
Quote giovanni ()
very nice site I used it once, but needs more work to make it friendly and look more like a store.look at renderosity or daz etc make it more a store you ill make more money etc.

and what is wrong with daz

only poser models is like putting your money in the garbage

there are willing people who will buy daz stuff
anyhow I will buy more stuff from you the same
but please make this site less archaic and you will attract more buyers

Guess this will be something to consider in the future to update to a Store I have the module but not ready to load it up
It gives allot of work besides the 3D and time is very short.

I started off with Poser in 2001 and I guess I got stuck with it , also Daz studio does not offer the Options I need
it is pretty Limited considering rigging  in Real Weight mapping DS still used the Triax actually based on Capsules
extended to WM but will not support Simple WM Painting , Means you do not have to rigg XYZ Individually.
Actually strange as for Carrara supports it just like most other 3D Programs with exception of DS so this makes it 
very Restrictive.

Poser has a Huge Potential also it is allot ahead technically compared to DS .  I think it is a Pitty that Poser 
is loosing more and more users considering the Potential just due that DS might be a Free application
so I grant Poser the Support and try to go into the Full Potential of the Programm using the Features.
Naturally this causes that DS can not keep up with as it has not developed the support of Simple WM that all other
Programs already have since 2013  so may be one day when DS has Updated the features the models will all be
Compatible , but I doubt it as they do not really seem to want to offer a wider range of Compatibility with
3D Programs

For me all this is a Balance between my Farming RL and doing a little Art and Head work so for now it is rather fun
and a challenge, as a One man Artist in here it would not cover a Living making  just models for Poser /DS
and I guess that most creators that sell at Daz or Rendo realize the same. Having a Store and Charging the Artist a Fee of
50% on every Sale that sure brings in Money but it is not Fair considering that the Artist has the Whole work and I think it is
an abuse against the hard working Artists so the type of Store like Daz or Rendo sure are not my Style

lemonade8Date: Sunday, 15-04-2018, 18:49 | Message # 11
Private
Thank you, I was hoping there wasn't a problem.  I do have Windows 10.

aqua1955Date: Wednesday, 16-05-2018, 17:51 | Message # 12
Private
About blacklisting the site.
Windows Defender gives it a positive, but while still downloading you can upvote it as a safe download.
Members should do it the same, by giving it a positive download.
As site owner / or contact person you also can make it a positive by downloading it yourself and make it positive yourself as that site owner.
I will try through the insider program to help, but think that the place you set the download is seen as a positive.
Ben

searching for design software in 2005 I got addicted to poser. Today it is still my favorite despide DS took much away

SummonerDate: Wednesday, 16-05-2018, 20:18 | Message # 13
Colonel
Quote aqua1955 ()
About blacklisting the site.Windows Defender gives it a positive, but while still downloading you can upvote it as a safe download.
Members should do it the same, by giving it a positive download.
As site owner / or contact person you also can make it a positive by downloading it yourself and make it positive yourself as that site owner.
I will try through the insider program to help, but think that the place you set the download is seen as a positive.
Ben

I Use Win 7 and Opera actually never had a warning message , got aware of this issue way later  and naturally was pretty surprised
worse it was to figure out what caused this issue when not getting the message my self LOL

and ohh thank you for your support sure appreciated

jessiebDate: Wednesday, 08-08-2018, 06:20 | Message # 14
Private
Hi, new here and just bought Deadpool! :::squeee:: Can't wait to try him out. I don't get what some people's issues are with the layout. I personally, love this site.
Easy to find the "store" products and the freebies. I like that as soon as paypal recieved payment, the download started. Yahoo email can be slow sometimes so it can suck waiting on the email. Thank you Summoner for the beautiful models you make and the generous free items. You are truly talented!!!

jessiebDate: Wednesday, 08-08-2018, 06:30 | Message # 15
Private
Wanted to add... I appreciate the poser format. Daz was great.... back when it was version 1.8, even 2.0
But I hate the new daz 4.whatever. I finally upgraded from poser 6 to poser 11 just recently, and have been dismayed that so many
products are Daz only, and virtually unuseable in other programs without a lot of converting knowlegde. Which i do not own! I'm still learning how to convert a obj into a pp2.
You make beautiful products, if you don't use Daz, that is totally your prerogative. I'm personally grateful for whichever format you provide smile

Forum » Discussion Forums » Ideas To Improve The Site » Love the models but....
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024Free web hostinguCoz